Since 2012, PVAngels has generated information pages of more than 200 non-profits with a diverse array of help needed in our community. If you don't find your particular cause, please contact us at TeamAngels@PVAngels.com so we can help you find a local organization that makes you smile.
|Being a Partner for Change can have a different meaning to each of us depending on our role, our location, our clients, our relationships. But no matter where or who you are, you can be a Partner for Change.|
Click to get started today
INFORMATION IS POWER - SHARE THE POWER
When you share PVAngels content with others, you're taking action by raising awareness
• Suggest content for us to explore about the works, resources and people we should know about
• Add your favorite organization, charity or non-profit to PVAngels
• Subscribe to PVAngels alerts and you will receive the latest updates by email
• Email our web link to friends
• Refer our site to your church, school group or interest groups
• Embed our stories and content on your social network sites
• Use our content at your next meeting, in your next campaign or as a classroom resource
• Mention PVAngels in your organization's newsletter
• Do an email blast alerting your members to the PVAngels website
• Find PVAngels on Facebook
• Follow PVAngels on Twitter
• Link your site with PVAngels.com
• Put us on your blog
• Share community news and events on PVAngels
We are constantly looking for text, video and photography to post on PVAngels. We offer the opportunity to create a context for your work with supporting documents, media, links and other resources. We are always interested in posting commentary from writers, journalists and activists.
SUPPORT THE CHARITIES
• You can be assured that 100% of your donations will go direct to the non-profits
There are many methods of support to match every donor's preferences, whether it is a one-time donation, scheduled donations, sponsorship, in-kind donations, fundraisers, grants or volunteering.
Every donation makes a positive change to someone's life.
Donating to any charity is a noble and just decision, but for some, choosing a cause isn't so straight-forward. If you're unsure on which cause is right for you ask yourself the following questions, and be sure to note how important each of the questions is to you.
• Who/what needs your money the most?
• Who/what can use your money most effectively?
• How will donating to this cause improve the world?
• How will donating to this cause improve your community?
• How will donating to this cause improve your life?
Some Tips on Giving Wisely
• Be an informed giver. Don't be afraid to ask questions when you're asked to give, including how much of your gift will be used for overhead, the specific project the money will go toward, and other important information. Give only when you feel comfortable that your dollars will be going to support an organization you know and believe in.
• Keep the right records. For gifts of less than $250, a canceled check or credit card statement is sufficient for IRS requirements. For larger gifts, you'll want to get a properly worded receipt from the charitable organization as a confirmation of your tax-deductible contribution.
• Be aware of how much is really tax deductible. If you receive a premium in exchange for your gift (such as a book or a dinner), the amount of your tax deduction is reduced by the fair market value of the premium. You can turn down the incentive item if you wish to claim a deduction for the full amount of your gift. Ask the receiving organization for more details.
• Ask about matching gifts. Many employers match gifts made by their employees or make grants to organizations recommended by employees. Be sure to ask your company how it can help your gift go even further.
• Remember, your gift can be confidential. If you prefer to have your gift remain confidential, you should let the organization know. You can expect the charitable organization to honor your request.
• Consider alternative forms of giving. Don't overlook the benefits to you and your cause received from bequests, charitable gift annuities, gifts in kind, endowments and many other creative forms of giving. Ask your tax advisor or attorney to help you make the best plan for you and your family.
• Volunteer! In addition to financial support, consider giving your time and skills. Not only will you help the organization, but you'll also make contacts, hone your skills, and learn more about the charitable cause to which you're committing your time and money.
• Don't forget you have the right to say no. Give generously when you can, but if you're unsure or feel uncomfortable - or if an organization simply falls outside your plan for giving - don't be afraid to say no. Or, ask for more information and take more time to think before making your decision.
• Be a proactive giver! You don't have to wait to be asked. Plan a giving strategy in advance. Contact the charitable organizations of your choice to discuss how your gifts can be most effectively used and help make a difference in your community.
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.