| Escobar’s Family Threatens Lawsuit Over ’Narcos’ BallerStatus | |
| go to original September 22, 2017 |
|
Pablo Escobar's Brother Wants a Billion Dollars for 'Narcos' (Complex News)
Following the recent killing of its location scout in rural Mexico, Netflix has even more bad news surrounding its popular series Narcos.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the family of Pablo Escobar are threatening to sue the company to the tune of $1 billion claiming trademark infringement.
Escobar Inc., the company owned by Escobar's brother Roberto de Jesus Escobar Gaviria, sent a letter to Netflix last year, demanding that it end production of Season 2 until they come to an agreement. Furthermore, the family is demanding a $1 billion payment for intellectual property violations, after Netflix used the drug kingpin's name and story without their permission.
Roberto recently spoke to THR, saying he will "close their little show" if Netflix doesn't fork over the cash. "Netflix are scared," he said. "They sent us a long letter to threaten us."
Furthermore, regarding the recent death of the Narcos location scout, he said the show's producers are not cut out to film in cartel-infested areas of Mexico and Colombia. He also suggested the prooduction team would benefit from the hiring of "hitmen ... as security."
In a letter from Netflix to Escobar Inc., which was prepared and sent in late July by Los Angeles firm Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP and obtained byTHR, the company calls Escobar's claims "fraudulent."
Read the rest at BallerStatus
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.